The quest to getting excellent oral health starts with a dental checkup or dental exam. Based on this initial exam, our dentist will create your customized dental treatment plan, which will guide you and our dental team as we advance to give you a healthy mouth.
While the dental procedure you’ll receive may vary, here’s what you can expect at your initial dental checkup:
- Review of your medical history. Inform the dentist about your medical condition, medications, allergies, and diet, which may impact your receiving of dental care and oral health.
- A dialogue with your dentist about any concerns you have regarding your mouth, teeth, your overall oral health, discomfort, if any, requests, and expectations —we encourage you to ask questions.
- A thorough oral exam, including visual checking of your teeth and gums and related oral tissues, so we can take note of our findings.
- X-rays, if necessary, to see your teeth below the gum line.
- Recommend options and treatment plan, a complete treatment plan can be immediate (prompt care) or by phase (comes in stages or longer timeline), or just the essential dental treatment of your choice.
It would be best if you do not postpone your dental care because even with how tough a person you are, you will get to the point you can no longer endure troublesome dental problems.